Sunday, February 26, 2006

Illustration Friday : Tea

I'm submitting two entries for this week's topic - both very different in style from my usual illo's. Just went with the flow and had fun in the process :) ...

Illustration #1

A tea party, moreover a little girl's tea party with doll's and teddy bear's involved, was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw this week's topic. So first up, we have Libby ( I could'nt resist! :) )hosting a tea party for her favourite doll and bear...

Copyright 2006 Ratlion

Illustration #2

Second up, is something that's kind of supposed to be a self-portrait. You see, I found this quote by C.S.Lewis that was soooo me (if you know what I mean) that I just had to illustrate it for this week.

I'm a big coffee/tea addict and I've been a bookworm for as far back as I can remember. So here's me with a book and a mug of tea, with my faithful lab for company :).

Copyright 2006 Ratlion

'You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me'

~ C.S.Lewis

(I could'nt have put it better!)

As you can see, I've tried something different from my usual style. So really looking forward to feedback. Do let me know what you think!

14 Comments:

Blogger butterfly said...

both of the illo's are very cool..Especially, the first one reminds me my childhood when I was playing with my tea set with the other dolls in my room:)

9:11 PM  
Blogger carla said...

They're both very nice, but I like the bottom one best. I like the stronger colors and the subject...it resonates with me more that the first one. I really like the pile of books with the teapot on top:>

11:29 PM  
Blogger Tracey Hedrick Graham said...

I think that both of them are just lovely. I have to say I like the bottom one best as well. I agree with Carla that the pile of books with the teapot on top is a wonderful touch. And thanks for another great quote to add to my library! Keep up the good work. It's nice to try new styles. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

12:14 AM  
Blogger MD said...

Gorgeous! Both these make me feel comfortable and I relate to both of them. Well done!
MD

1:21 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

The second is my favouite - great colours and unique idea! The teapot is special!

3:22 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

i love them both! I love childhood rembrances and you captured it well and i love books and animals and being at home!!! wonderful work!

3:42 AM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Super Cute and Super Cozy. Nice job.
love

12:49 PM  
Blogger heretic said...

Loved the light thrown n the walls by the lamp. :-) More vibrant colors there too.

Libby, as usual, looks good. Your attention to detail is fantastic; the shadows, for example. :-)

3:17 PM  
Blogger Roz Foster said...

Oh, yes! I am with this young woman and C.S. Lewis. Very nice work! I love the shadows and warmth of this image.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

You did an awesome job on both illos!

9:19 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

They are both great but I like the second one best too, the bright colors and the teapot on the big stack of books! Sweet! and the doggie makes it HomeY and coMfy!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are both great! The first one is so cute and the second one is sooo me ...before I had kids!!

Thanks for your comment on mine!
Jennifer

8:44 PM  
Blogger Suzan said...

Great job! Love the tea party.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little niece plays like that with her doll...And drinking the tea quietly with a good book or by listening to music it's good,relaxing.
I love your drawings, they are splendid.
A bientôt

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?