Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sand Castle By The Sea

Coyright 2006 Jade & Ratlion
(Poem by Jade, Ilustration by Ratlion)

This is an illustration done for a poem my cousin Jade wrote yestrday. The poem's really very good for a first attempt and I like the 'heart' of it (or the message,if you will! :) ). I was bowled over by it and had to illustrate it. Had fun doing it too as I tried to do somethign different from my usual style and made a lot of discoveries in Illustrator :).


I'll leave you with the poem, in case it is'nt very legible on the picture (though you could click on the image for a closer look :) )...

Sand Castle By The Sea

Sand castles that tumble down,
The waves that are gentle and yet strong,
Take away what you think was yours,
No matter what you try, it’s all gone.

How foolish can you be?
To build sand castles near the sea.
But funny, isn’t it?
Where else will sand castles be?

Nothing stops you, not even the pain,
Still there is nothing to gain,
The waves will come, the castles will fall,
All you can do is, build them again…

Copyright 2006 Jade

1 Comments:

Blogger turquoise cro said...

Very Nice!!! CHEERS! to you both!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?