Monday, February 06, 2006

Illustration Friday: Chair

Copyright 2006 Ratlion

I've been a voracious reader ever since I can remember, and I can never think of my childhood without also thinking about the books and author's I've read and loved.

One such author is Enid Blyton.
When I was thinking of idea's for this week's topic, one particular Enid Blyton book, 'The Adventures of the Wishing Chair' came to mind. It's a wonderful book written in typical Enid Blyton style about two chidren, Mollie and Peter, who find an old chair in an antique shop. Now, this is no ordinary chair...as the name suggests, it's the wishing chair - a magic chair that grows wings. Whenever the chair grew wings, the children sat in the chair and wished to travel to a particular faraway (and usually magical!) land, wherein the chair would fly wherever they had wished to be.The book is full of adventures, with the children and their friend Chinky the pixie sometimes landing up in terrible places and sometimes in absolutely delightful lands.

So here's Libby from the previous post ( I liked her so much, I decided to let her feature in this week's illo too :) ). She's just read 'The Adventures of the Wishing Chair' and is now dreaming of being on her own magical chair which will sprout wings and carry her off to have adventures in faraway magical lands!

9 Comments:

Blogger Shobana said...

like it:)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Love it! The Wishing Chait was one of my favourite books as was the series :) Your illustration is wonderful, colourful plus magical!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great story. I will have to look up this book.
wonderful illo!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea and a sweet illustration. Well done!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Rectite23 said...

very very cute!

12:30 PM  
Blogger heretic said...

Superb. I'm in love with lizzy. :-)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Twisselman said...

Yes, very good illustration. A good chair is essential to enjoying a good book, and Libby looks like she's really having a great time.

10:06 AM  
Blogger carla said...

I also loved Enid Blyton, but I don't think I ever read that book. I read the series about the four children and the detective (Bill Smugs?)...and I can tell you that I definitely traveled all over through those books. I love this illustration because it shows the power of the imagination as sparked by reading. And of course...your style is superb. Well done:>

1:03 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

reading is a wonderful thing. beautiful illo.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?