Sunday, February 19, 2006

Illustration Friday : Song

Copyright 2006 Ratlion

The Cookie Song

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C!

- 'C is for cookie' sung by the Cookie Monster (Sesame street)

I've been learning a lot about the technical aspects of drawing lately - especially proportions and perspective drawing. This sketch was done in class one day as a rough doodle. I really liked something about it, so I decided to challenge myself and execute it in a more technically accurate manner. It took me about the whole of yesterday and today morning to complete (I can't believe I had the patience to do all those perspective projection drawings! But I'm glad I did!) , as a result of which I was in no mood to embark on an illustration for illo fri's 'Song' anytime soon. But at the same time, as I posted last week's entry at the nth hour, I wanted to be punctual with this week's entry. So I began to wonder if I could use this 'Cookie' sketch in any way for 'Song'...and lo and behold!...I present to you the 'Cookie song', sung by none other than the Cookie monster from Sesame street!

Don't you just love the internet? :D

Here's a glimpse of the rough sketch and the perspective drawing/projections. I was not looking forward to the technical drawings but I have to say I have more respect for the need for them now...boy, do they help!



*Wanders away singing 'C is for cookie...' tunelessly*

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wonderful execution. cute idea!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Shobana said...

can see how it helped:) is that libby again?

6:53 PM  
Blogger carla said...

Yes, the internet is great! I love being able to check poems and lyrics that I've forgotten and don't feel like hunting for in my books. This is a really cool illustration, but I keep worrying that the child is going to fall at any moment! Good job with the perspective:>

7:20 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

really enjoyed your approach to this illustration! amazing and I love it!!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Christine Lim said...

that's a song I sing to my girls all the time!

I like your rough sketch. It looks as if the wall is falling down! :) Gives the illustration movement and life.

3:03 AM  
Blogger heretic said...

Awesome... never knew perspectives took so much effort! :-)

Looks so good! Illographists to the fore!

2:13 PM  
Blogger ether said...

Endearing illustration!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your imagination and your creativity.This illustration is very cute.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Kim de Young said...

i like that you showed your process to the final design... i also like the way you show the little girl's effort to get to the cookies on top of the fridge, very nice drawing.

my mom owns a bakery and every-time i go to her shop, i announce my presence by singing the cookie song...

9:04 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

Your cookie illo is so charming and sweet! I love how the doggy below is waiting patiently for his bite of cookie!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger trowbridge chronicles said...

I like your song illustration Very nice colors.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?