Friday, June 30, 2006

Illustration Friday : Rain

leorain

Copyright 2006 Ratlion

'Rain,rain, go away!'


Phew!

Just made it!

It's been a long week. Started it with a relapse of the flu and ended it with a bang (literally) by jamming my finger on a door. The whole nail's turned a horrid shade of blue.


Anyhoo, coming back to the illustration, this is based on a photograph of my 1 year old lab, Leo. It's probably a stretch for this week's topic but I was desperate to get something done and this is the first thing that came to mind. He's often found by the window looking out into the world wistfully...that is...when he finds time of from sleeping, eating, playing and stealing shoes for fun!

Cheers!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love your coloring style. Very nice illo. =)

3:17 AM  
Blogger ° said...

love the lil drops of water on the window pane. he looks like he wants to go out so badly but not enough to get wet. hope ur nail feels better, be ready to lose it though. it will grow back

4:19 AM  
Blogger carla said...

He has such a longing look on his face! I think this is very appropriate for the topic. I know my dog is miserable on the days that she just gets to go out for a quick bathroom excursion. Sorry about your finger! I thought at first you were showing us some nailpolish!

5:10 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

Wistful is right! You have captured the essence of the pose beautifully.
Hope your finger gets better soon.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Serline said...

Love your dog illos.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Shobana said...

he is so cute! miss him at times.. seriously thinkin of gettin one myself.
nice illo!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely! love the longing look of the dog ,the raindrops, and the dog perspective you used!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Christine Lim said...

I like the droplets too. Excellent effect. Great expression of your lab too. I also like the "sketchy" style.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?