Sunday, June 18, 2006

Illustration Friday : Dance

A huge thank you to everyone who stopped by and left a comment last week!
I'm feeling a lot better. Maybe not a 100% but I'm getting there.
:)
This week I present two new illo's, both slightly in danger of being 'too cute' (especially the first one) which is something I always try to avoid.
But I guess, once in a while you're allowed to venture into 'too cute'.
:D
I'm also putting up something I did ages ago - I call it my 'Dance' series. It has many flaws, but it's a series I particularly enjoyed doing back then.

I love this week's topic and am hoping to do more illo's based on it, time permitting.
For now, enjoy and your feedback is appreciated as always!

Cheers!

Illo #1


Copyright 2006 Ratlion


Illo #2


Copyright 2006 Ratlion

-------------------------------------

The 'Dance' Series

(Again, this was done ages ago so please ignore the flaws...and the weird faces :D)

First in the Dance Series - Shall We Dance?

Copyright 2005 Ratlion

Second in the Dance Series: Dance With Me

Copyright 2005 Ratlion

Third (And Last) in the Dance Series - Dirty Dancing

Copyright 2005 Ratlion

18 Comments:

Blogger ° said...

the 1st 2 are fun and cute but not icky cutesy so ur safe lol. the series is fun and the poses of ur figures.

11:56 PM  
Blogger claudine hellmuth said...

I love the kitty dancing!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Diane Duda said...

Love the little ballerinas, but the chickens are my favorite!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!! Awesome variety of dance illos, love the different style and dances!!

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ratlion,
The various illustrations are very nice and I like them much all!
Great work!
Reserve to me a dance!
Have a nice week

6:31 AM  
Blogger Katili said...

Very good drawing and I love those colours. My favourite is illo #2, an absolutely hilarious dance illo, positive and those expressions make me smile.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

I love the dancing animals! They are SO CUTE!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Roz Foster said...

Nice! I love the one that points out the insanity in dancing that does everyone a world of good. Fun illustration and great caption.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Loni Edwards said...

I love your use of color. Very nice! I especially love the dancing animals! Love the expressions!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Boy, what a variety--from cute little dancing animals to really sexy dirty dancers. You're very versatile and good! Do you do it all digitally? Thanks for the comments on my blog too.

3:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you've been busy with lots of illustrations for dance, great job!

4:45 AM  
Blogger carla said...

Wow...lots of fun stuff this week! I like your cute illos. They're sweet and fun. The dancing animals are my faves...they look like they're having the best time. I also really like your series, especially the botoom one..it's red-hot!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Christine Lim said...

Dance is a fun subject. Very please to see a variety of work at your blog.

Your 1st and 2nd are darlings. The others are excellent attempts. Figures are hard to draw. I can't do them well enough. So, let's keep it up. :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Liz Jones said...

That's a charming bunch of dancers!!

8:50 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Oh I love them all - a great mix of styles! Even though some of them were done awhile ago they still rock! I like the geometric backgrounds! Very cool.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are all great but I like the first one.
It would be great on a greeting card

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I particularly love the first one.
It's cute, round, bright and colorful without being sappy. And I love the dog in #2.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

I think I missed this ~ wow, you were busy! They're all great. I especially like the second one. The dog reminds me of Snoopy!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?