Sunday, April 23, 2006

SCBWI - Illustrator & Writing Contest

Copyright 2006 Ratlion
My submission for SCBWI's Illustrator Contest. The challenge - to illustrate what's REALLY at the end of the rainbow. My take? At the end of the rainbow you'll find the rainbow witch, who makes magical potions from bits and hues of the rainbow. Oh, and she has a dwarf to help warn her when a non-magical being is near - which is why it's likely you and me are never going to find her.
:D
Here's a poem written by Coz that explains it better,
My work begins where the rainbow ends,
It's various hues in my cauldron I blend.
I make magical potions for my kind,
I am the rainbow witch you'll never find!
Dogcrab submitted an entry for the Writing Contest over at the same site. Here's his take on the Rainbow Witch,
His plane was on fire - that’s bad.His parachute didn’t work - that’s worse.But Captain Hairferry was lucky: he bounced off a big, soft cloud – and hey! Was a rainbow growing from it? Yes! And, amazingly, he could slide down it – all the way to the ground. It’s lucky he was lucky, or he’d have fallen into a cauldron. He did hurt his backside, though.“Ow!” he said, and looked up. A witch! But she didn’t look evil, and she sighed. “Dear, could you help choose a new colour for my cottage? It’s taking so long to decide…”
Now to wait for the results!
:)
Cheerio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?