Saturday, April 01, 2006

Illustration Friday : Spring


Copyright 2006 Ratlion

"...In the spring time, the only pretty ring time,
When birds do sing, hey ding a ding, ding;
Sweet lovers love the spring."

~William Shakespeare
(As You Like It 5.3.15-20)

The whole quote goes like this,
"It was a lover and his lass, With a hey, and a ho, and a hey nonino,
That o’er the green corn-field did pass,
In the spring time, the only pretty ring time,
When birds do sing, hey ding a ding, ding;
Sweet lovers love the spring."

I'd found the last three lines on one quote site and had almost finished the illo, when I decided to verify the quote on other sites, which was when I found the complete quote. By then it was too late to incorporate green corn fields :).

So I'll just leave you with a lover and his lass, enjoying spring...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful - the quote gives it a timeless air, good choice!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Ahhh, new love. :-)

4:38 AM  
Blogger maria antunes said...

Beautiful!!! :-)

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
The spring is the time for love and tenderness...
I love every time...I love your drawing!
Great illo!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Thorn said...

back at 'cha, Ratlion...love the use of the pink trees in the background!...thorn

9:07 PM  
Blogger georg said...

Lovely spring-image - and it's great with the verse, it support the spirit of spring, I think. And I agree with thorn above - I love the pink trees!

3:43 AM  
Blogger carla said...

So sweet and romantic! The words go well with the illo...I like that you've left the lovers faceless,,,it makes it easy to imagine ourselves in their pace. The pink trees balance out well with the pink flowers. This is very pretty:>

5:46 AM  
Blogger heretic said...

It's so lovely it breaks my heart. Great job.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Looks like you see spring as a romantic time as well. This is a really sweet drawing, and I love the Shakespeare quote. Those purple flowers are nice eye candy!

3:01 AM  
Blogger Tony Sarrecchia said...

Very sweet sentiments. Beautiful job.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Queen Tut said...

Nice illo, I like the pink trees

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?