Monday, April 17, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday : Vernal Equinox Challenge

Where I come from (India), for all practical purposes, there are only two main seasons - Summer and the Monsoon. In the state of Bangalore (where I currently live) , you could say there are three seasons - Summer, Monsoon and Winter (when there is a drop in temperatures primarily in the night). Funnily enough, in India, Spring is practically non-existant. We either have pleasant days or days when its too hot or raining cats and dogs! :)

So what I'm actually trying to get at here is that I'm not really sure if the season here right now is Spring. We've been having unusually high temperatures erratically interspersed with heavy showers. I'd say its summer down here!

So for the spring challenge, I figured I'd have to do something based on my thoughts about Spring. But then I looked out of my balcony and spotted this nest in the tree in the front of my apartment building. For all you know it may be a remnant of the last season as I don't think its occupied right now, but it did remind me of Spring.

Here it is in pen and water colours for you to see. Water colours because I'm fairly new to the medim and so have been trying to use it as often as I can.

(I apologise for the poor quality photograph...it was the best I could do at the time!)

And oh! When I'd finished with the water colours, the nest appeared to be nothing but an unidentifiable brown object. So in an attempt to save it and make the whole thing more 'spring-like' I stuck some twigs on it, hoping it would look more like a nest. I'm not sure if it helped!

:D

What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

You are a truly creative person...your pondering the seasonal dilemma allowed your eyes to see what they needed to see in order to create this lovely watercolor. You created a nest, and so you did! I love the out-the-window vire with the car going by...a great contrast ebtween the natural and the manmade:>

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?