Saturday, December 16, 2006

Illustration Friday : Phobia, Invention, Might, Mask & Help

Copyright Ratlion

Yup, that's right. This is my submission for this week. But it's also my submission for 'Invention', 'Might', 'Mask' and 'Phobia'.

In my defense,

  • It's 5 in the morning...I have no idea why I'm still awake.
  • I've missed about 4-5 weeks of IF already.
  • I've been living in frustrating times.
  • This just happened.

Hmm.

I guess that about covers it.

Cheers!

PS: In case you were wondering how 'Phobia' fits in, the rat's terrified of mad scientists with plans of world domination. Probably comes from seeing so many of his cellmates become ingredients in various 'mad' experiments.

PPS: Have finally uploaded Dogcrabs text/take on the 'Ghost/Clear' illustration, after having it sit in my computer for over 5 weeks! Here's an excerpt below...do go over here to see the whole thing along with the illo. And for those who've commented to let me know they like my 5-in-1 illo...Thank you!! I'm glad I did it...I've missed IF!

Dear Discerning and Deceased Ladies and Gentlemen,
Now that you have time on your hands, why not spend a little eternity or two at Les Trois Hommes Décapités, an exclusive resort for the aristocratically inhumed?
As members of a growing class of deceased who are increasingly dissatisfied with mundane non-existences, wouldn’t you consider all-attic accommodation with attached ball-and-chain in all rooms, sweeping views over ever-changing landscapes, and a supply of the best spirits possible – and we intend no pun here! Our legendary establishment has served the upper crust of ectoplasm for centuries – including the entire Romanov and Bourbon clans.....

(To read more and see the illo it's referring to, go here.)

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really funny! And clever.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very smart solution. I agree... It suits! Also it's a fantastic illo :)

5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AWESOME and funny!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The award for combining the most IF topics ever, goes to.........

Great and imaginative way of catching up with 5 topics.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

id say u coverd it all pretty well in this one post great illo

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Genius!

3:52 AM  
Blogger carla said...

This is excellent - great colors and very crazy subject matter. It defintely covers the topics well:>

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work and great idea.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work and great idea.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work and great idea.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That evil scientist is mad, I tell you... mad!
Yes, the multi-topic illustration solve a lot of problems, eh? Glad you stopped by mine and told me about yours. Great colors, textures, and wonderful expressions on the mouse and evil doctor (mirrored on his mask).

7:24 PM  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

wow...great combo of all the topics!! great work!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love how you've combined all the IF themes! I like the subtle texture in the rays. Very neat.

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ratlion,
Very nice idea for the poster of the movie of the end of world !
Very beautiful illo !
Have a nice week and a Merry Christmas

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha..this totally put a smile on my face. love how you fit in all those themes! And that mouse on the bottom right corner just kills me!

10:17 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

Excellent work! Love the colors, background texture and lines!

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ratlion,
i whish you an Happy New Year with much love, happiness and good creations!
Best whishes for you and your familly!
How imagination is with you !
Kiss!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sam Nielson said...

This is fun. I like it.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?