Sunday, November 13, 2005

Illustration Friday

Yesterday, while surfing, I came across this incredible site called 'ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY'.
As it says on the site,
Illustration Friday is a weekly illustration challenge. A topic is posted every Friday and then participants have all week to come up with their own interpretation.

I loved the concept and could'nt wait to jump on the bandwagon :).

So here goes, my first contribution.

This week's topic is 'STRENGTH'.

Copyright 2005 Ratlion
When I thought of 'strength', the first thing that came to mind was women and mom's in particular. And that in turn brought to mind this drawing I'd done a couple of years back.
I've improved a lot in my art since I did this, and I know I should've probably worked on it a bit, but for some reason I did'nt feel like making any changes to the original.
To me, the mom's face and expression in this drawing radiates a kind of gentle/quiet/patient strength and maybe even illustrates this quote I found online,
Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength
-- Frances de Sales
%3

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony Sarrecchia said...

Nice job. Good color and line work.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Radha a.k.a Ratlion said...

Wow!
Tony, you're actually responsible for my first non-spam comment! :D
Thank you, for the compliment as well as for dropping by.
Hopefully I'll be able to do much better the next time..

10:10 PM  
Blogger carla said...

I like the strang, loving patience in the mother's face as a contrast to the exuberance of the children. Lovely use of color and black...I like this very much:>

11:01 PM  
Blogger Radha a.k.a Ratlion said...

Thank you :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This is lovely, and I can see why you wouldn't want to change it. Their faces radiate love and happiness, and yes, quiet strength on the part of the mother. Beautifully done!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?